- This event has passed.
Lee Valley Club Trip (09_19) INCLUDING Youth Rafts and Hot Dogs (not the food kind!!)
7 September, 2019 @ 12:00 - 21:00Free – £10
Lee Valley ‘Legacy’ Course White Water Paddling Trip – Ideal for beginner youth and adult paddlers!
All club members are invited to book onto the trip to Lee Valley and enjoy a exclusive paddling session on the Legacy Course.
The course is booked for the sole use of BCC from 6pm to 8pm. This trip is suitable for experienced paddlers and those who would like to experience white water paddling in a controlled and safe environment. If you are not certain about your paddling experience or expectations for this trip, please email Ed (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out more.
Paddling plan for the day :
12:30pm – Meet at the Den if you require any club boats, kit or equipment (£5 hire fee for club equipment). – (if you’re a youth member coming to the Rafts and Hot-Dog sessions please jump to the section below in Red)
3:30pm – Meet at LV for tea and cakes on the grass next to the Legacy Course
5:00pm – Changed for paddling and safety briefing
6pm to 8pm – Paddling session!
If you require any club boats, kit or equipment, please make this clear on your booking and make your way to the Den to collect this equipment. If you can offer a shared lift or need transportation to LV, please also make this clear on your booking. Club members who are not sure about transportation for this club trip or would like to enquire about sharing a lift, please email Ed.
For the tea and cakes, please make sure you bring a flask of tea / coffee and some cakes to share around the group. There is a cafe onsite if you wish to purchase any items of food and drink.
Jack Petchey – Youth Raft and Hot Dog plan for the day (parents also see important bit lower down)
Isabel and Isabel would like to invite our Youth Paddlers to a Raft or Hot Dog session. You can choose from ONE of the following (BOOK BY 5TH AUGUST PLEASE):
White Water Rafting – Olympic Course
|Age: 14+||Arrival time 2pm Activity time 3pm||9 people per raft|
|Hot Dog – Legacy course||Age: 12+||Arrival time: 2.30
Activity time: 3.30
|2 people per boat|
- Activity Cost: exact amount tbc depending on how many people book – expected to be between £15- £20 per person. Thanks to a Jack Petchey Grant of £500, this trip is subsidised.
- Drink/food venue: There is a café at the centre, or you can bring your own drink/snack. This is not included and parents/participants will need to bring money for food/drink.
- Travel: Parents will need to take participants or arrange for a lift with another parent.
- Lee Valley Centre Trip Consent forms are essential.
- BCC Trip consent forms will be required if youth members own parents are not attending.
Parents – Important please read:
- Full information is available on the Lee Valley website. Bromley Canoe Club are not responsible or in charge of the activity. Please check and view the website to make sure that the activity is suitable for your child and either contact Lee Valley WWC directly with any questions (email email@example.com) or Debbie via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: wwwww.gowhitewater.co.uk/activities
Please make sure you have signed into the club website with your details before making a booking. This will speed up your booking procedure.
Harry Simon C
Dave B Cat
Ian Nick B